- The MB-4DFO 2 Series is a NEW category of sewing machines designed by Merrow to produce ActiveSeam®. The platform (2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4) are a two or three- thread premier industrial serger that sews three versions of the Merrow ActiveSeam. ActiveSeam 2 is a NEW flat overlock stitch that provides an ALTERNATIVE TO FLATLOCK, INTERLOCK AND OVERLOCK STITCHING on sewn garments.
- Operating Speed: 5500 Rpm
- Stitch Width: 3/32"-5/32"
- Stitch Range: 10-40 Spi
- Standard Needle: A1df
- Merrow Needle Range: A00df - A2df
- Federal Stitch Type: Activeseam
- Motor Required*: 3450 Rpm, 110/220 Volt, 1/2hp
- Number Of Threads: 2 -3
- The MB-4DFO 2.0 sews all three variations of the ActiveSeam stitch. It was specifically developed to sew on base layer garments and the ActiveSeam family of stitches are flat, comfortable, and stretchable stitches that replace traditional flatlock seams. The MB-4DFO 2.0 stitch width can be varied from 3/32" to 5/32" according to material properties and/or application requirements and is custom configured to sew specifically using customers' unique material and thread. Tension settings, eccentrics, and cutter placement are all adjusted to ensure that the customer receives a unique version of the ActiveSeam that is specific to their garment and application.